Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 6


Something about this social media element of this program is really working for me. Part one, tell your husband that you want to get in the best physical shape you can, so you can enjoy hiking, cycling, kayaking and other adventures activities as an individual, couple and family. Saying the words out loud gave them power, and showed me how important this truly is to me. Saying it out loud to him made him aware of how I need his help and support to make this a priority, saying it out loud to everyone else meant I would be too afraid to fail.

So much of this program in week one was going deeper, and seeing how committed we could all be. Getting to know each other and helping understand why we were here and what we might need from each other.

So yesterday was one of those days, where really my motivation was not to miss a day. To be able to report at the end of the day, that I continued to commit to being that person that could hike the toughest trail. Would have been easy in the morning, with a bit less sleep then I would have liked, 3 kids to hang out with, get ready for the day, make breakfast, 2 babies to feed and love, 5 kids in total to take to the beach ( with a pit stop at Target for last minute supplies for a night time Children's theatre performance ) a mid day visit with a friend and her son, make up and hair to" do" for said performance, a few work emails in the morning, and finally a ready call to get our daughter too, and a performance to attend to either:

Miss all or some of our excercises
Eat a bunch of crap food.

Ok, so the push ups were REALLY tough for me yesterday and only cranked out 5 in each set, and yes my legs were jelly on the last set of lunges. BUT because I really want to see, am curious in fact, what I can accomplish, I did them all in the morning before we left the house.

And while I know I will never be in the same shape as today's visual inspiration...I am certainly inspired by her level of commitment, and pushing herself a second time. So as I write this at the end of day 7 when I must go and complete my 500 jump ropes..so off I go, this post and visual in mind.

1 comment:

  1. The key is to go about things lightly, and not get into negative cycles when things don't go just according to plan. If you do ever happen to miss a day, just wake up the next morning and get it right without dwelling on things too much.

    ReplyDelete